Sunday, September 13, 2009

We're Still Here!

Hi-
It's been 2 months since we last posted something! At this point, I'm not even sure if anyone is still checking! We're still planning to keep the blog going...it's just been a busy couple of months.
John has kept busy at work this summer...it's their "busy season". Translation: John works every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. His days off have been Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the summer months. Yes, we still have summer weather here! We've even had some warmer days than friends and family have had in St. Louis recently! When John isn't working for the Corps, he's been working hard in the garage. He's taken down old and crumbling drywall, added insulation, and put up new drywall. He's planning to finish up next week with some texturing and painting. It's looking very nice out there.
I have been busy all summer with school. I thought things were supposed to slow down in the summer at school! This summer I interviewed people for the following positions at our school: Preschool, Kindergarten (the preschool teacher moved up to Kindergarten which is why I had to interview someone for preschool!), 2nd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade. Our 3rd/4th grades had been combined last year...this year, we decided to split those grades. The end of July, our 5th grade teacher called to tell me her husband's job was moving them 3 hours away to Fargo! We filled the position 2 weeks before the teachers officially reported back to school! On top of all of that, the end of June, my Office Manager announced she was taking a new job...so I interviewed for a new Office Manager as well! God has blessed our school with an awesome staff...both those who returned as well as the new staff!
When I wasn't interviewing school staff, it seems I spent a lot of time painting at school. It was "Institutional White" when I started there. I got the OK from the church properties guys to add some color and away we went!! We painted the bathrooms, hallways, accent walls in the classrooms, office and more. I also had a vision for a mural in our hallway...one of our moms at school is an artist and she donated her time to the cause! The result was amazing! I'll have to post some pics---it is amazing!!! We also spent a lot of time redesigning our school website. I don't have a clue how to do that...but I had another school mom who does. I'd email her my ideas, and she'd make them happen. The result is a HUGE transformation of our website. The most common word to describe the old one was: archaic! You'll have to check it out: www.lutherschools.org. I feel like I spent most of August at school...and John agrees that I did...but the results were worth it. We have 13 new families in our school this year! God is good!
When I wasn't at school, we had 2 rummage sales at our house this summer...two at John's sister's house...and at least one more scheduled for our house before the weather gets too cold. With 8 kids in John's family, there is no lack for kids clothes and toys and all sorts of other stuff to sell. We still seem to be "combining households" at our house as well. Our crazy dog Kona keeps us going a lot too. I'm convinced she's got ADHD! She goes, and goes and goes and has a mind of her own! I finally have gotten around to creating my "craft room"--a long time dream of mine to have! I still have some shelving to put up on the wall, but it's coming along!
We took a quick trip to the Minneapolis area in August on a rare weekend John had off...and I'd had my fill of school! We were supposed to go camping, but severe thunderstorms cancelled that, so we went to MN and stayed with John's brother, Tim, and his family. We had a nice weekend of doing nothing! Played video games with the kids...I got caught up on my coupon cutting/organizing and just enjoyed time with family...including being there for Katie's 13th birthday!
Please send us an email or post on here if you are still checking in...otherwise I'll think we're just typing away for nothing!!! Thanks! We'll try to post more often...and we'll get some updated pictures on here soon. John & Kristi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still check all the time ... ;-))) ... "Bug"

Anonymous said...

If even one checks...it is still worth it! Thanks! :)

Blog Archive