John celebrated his birthday with a day of pheasant hunting with our friends Tom and Allan. Tom & John share a birthday. I stayed at home to host our final rummage sale of the season. It was a chilly and slow start to the morning, but both the weather and the number of customers got better as the day progressed. I had planned a quiet "date night" for John and I in the evening, but one of his sisters came to town with her husband and son, so we cancelled our date night for an evening with them, along with John's parents and one of his brothers and his kids. So, our date night will have to wait for another night.
We've been doing some car shopping lately as mine appears to be a "lemon". Too many things to get into...not the least of which was water filling up the spare tire compartment in the back end of the car each time it rains. If you are considering the purchase of an Equinox...let me know before you buy it!! I'll fill you in on some things you should check out! We haven't had much time to actually go look at cars in person...we've been looking online so far, trying to do a little research.
Our dog, Kona, continues to be her crazy self...snuggly and sweet one moment, barking and going bonkers the next! My best friend Connie is trying to get out here sometime in the coming months. It will be nice to have someone from back home come visit!! I'm kind of homesick for home...especially missing the beautiful, colorful Missouri fall colors right now--especially last week when the weather here included sleet and snow! John has finally switched back to a normal Monday-Friday work schedule. It's nice to see him on the weekends again!! I'll try to post pictures the next time I post something! Take care...happy fall ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment