Saturday, May 23, 2009

May

Easter cookies I had fun decorating!

Kona loves to splash in her water dish----she also has figured out how to blow bubbles in her water! Well...I figured I'd better get a new post on here for May while we still have a few days left of May!
It's hard to believe it is already Memorial Day weekend. This year has gone by so fast! John is in his busy season at work...working lots of weekends and late nights. Yesterday, (Friday, May 22) he was in bed when I left for work a few minutes after 7 a.m.---he was at work already when I got home from work---and when he got home from work about 11:30 p.m., I was in bed!!! We did manage to see each other for a few minutes---he stopped by my office on his way to work, even if it was for only 2 minutes. We also met for about 10 minutes during John's break at the local gas station so he could load up on some caffeine! My dad always said, "It's all about QUALITY time, not QUANTITY."
Spring has finally "sprung" here in ND. I am finding it to be a beautiful spring, in spite of the fact that I seem to be allergic to something in the air here!!
John has been busy getting the garden ready to plant, as well as tearing out the drywall in the garage, adding insulation, and putting up new drywall. Kona keeps busy chasing the squirrels out of our yard, chewing on sticks, eating anything she finds outside, and barking at most anything that comes into her line of vision. In spite of where we know our property lines fall, Kona seems to think that if she can see it, it is her territory!
I have been busy with school winding down. There are many end of the year activities...concerts, dramas, etc. Our last day of school is Friday, May 29. It's hard to believe another school year will soon come to an end, it was year #15 in Lutheran School Ministry for me. This summer will mark the first summer in my adult life that I will work all summer! It will come as a culture shock, I'm sure! Thankfully, the School Board approved summer office hours which includes the office being "by appointment" on Fridays---so if nobody calls, I'm off! It will be nice to have an extra day each week this summer. John doesn't go in until about 2:30 on Fridays, so we'll have the mornings together! We are still trying to finalize our summer travel plans...hoping to make it to St. Louis, as well as work in some camping this summer. We haven't decided if Kona should go camping with us or not yet! That would be an interesting camping adventure! If you are still looking for someplace fun to travel this summer...we have plenty of space for guests! We'd love to have you here!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive