Saturday, June 28, 2008

My house NOW smells like cardboard

Yes, now the house in Mandan smells like cardboard after moving the rest of Kristi's worldly possessions to Nodak. It was a very long drive, but easier with a second driver, as opposed to when I moved my stuff back to Nodak back in November. I have been trying to unpack things that I know would be safe to unpack, meaning that it will be less likely that Kristi will move the stuff after we get married. Oh who am I kidding, it will get moved when Kristi gets up here :) Thankfully I got most of the work done on the house that I wanted to before moving Kristi up here. I got all the wallpaper and glue off the walls in the sunroom and family room downstairs. (50/50 liquid fabric softener to warm water worked better then the commercial glue remover). The week before meeting up with Kristi, I rented a texturing gun. My dad helped me and we textured the sunroom, family room and the current master bedroom. I did the master BR because it had wallpaper before we bought the house, and I did not like the looks of the walls since they had just painted the walls. Thanks for all the help Dad! I then was able to prime all three rooms. I got the family room and the Master BR painted before moving Kristi. Up until Kristi was here we had not picked out a color for the sunroom. Now that we have that chosen hopefully I can paint the sunroom, but it will have to be one wall at a time since we have a lot of furniture moved into the sunroom right now. That is all for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive