Thursday, May 29, 2008

Changes

I'm sitting here looking at all the boxes...thinking how odd it is that nearly all of my possessions are in boxes. Some have been in Mandan since November when John moved, more went in March when he was here to visit, and the rest will go in less than 2 weeks when we move my furniture and everything else to our house. The wedding is less than 2 months away. Today, I finished cleaning out my classroom...kind of an odd feeling. I've been in 4 different classrooms during the 8 years I've taught at St. John's...so I'm used to putting my things into boxes and moving them around there. Today was different. I have slowly been saying goodbye to friends and students. Last Friday was the last day of school...and this past Tuesday, I sat there and watched a group of students graduate from 8th grade...realizing that many of them, I may never see again. Kind of a strange feeling...to know that I was connected to their lives for so many years, and now changes are taking place. I am VERY excited about the wedding...being united in marriage to the man of my dreams...and finally, after all these months, being together without the monthly, tearful goodbyes! But, it is still hard to say goodbye to my friends & co-workers (my co-workers ARE my friends!)...my students, family and familiar surroundings.
I once learned a song about saying goodbye...the words pretty much sum it up for me..."Saying goodbye is not an easy thing to do...cause it's the ones that you love, that you most want to hang onto...after tears there may come a letter, but I can think of something better, I can hold you in my heart and always know, that God is our common bond, and there's no need to let go...Regardless of the space between us, we can be close because of His love. The times we have shared, and the memories, keep us near, and let us know...that we can see God in each other, a smile showing care is letting us see...that special smile we see in one another, is the love of our Father, poured out for you and me."

No comments:

Blog Archive